Structural Steel Detailer
Dielco Industrial Contractors is a full-service specialty contractor primarily with structural steel and miscellaneous metals. We design, fabricate, and erect structures throughout Ontario. We are a 100% family owned company with a desire for growth. We service the private commercial, public, institutional, and industrial markets.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced Structural Steel Detailer to join our team in London, Ont.
The person who fills this position will be responsible for creating and checking erection and fabrication shop drawings for structural steel and miscellaneous metal. Must be able to review and understand the extent of contractual obligations set forth in the specifications to ensure that work performed/produced is completed within the contractual scope.
Applicants must have a current working knowledge/understanding of the latest version of the AISC regulations/requirements and building codes as they relate to connection design, detailing practices, steel member dimensions and properties. Applicants must also be proficient with AutoCAD & Microsoft Office Products and have the ability to multitask.
Skills, Experience and Education:
• Drafting Trade Certification; valid Driver’s License required.
• Experience with: Computer-aided drafting (CAD), shop drawings, and detailing drafting.
• Ability to: prepare engineering designs and drawings; develop and prepare design sketches; complete documentation packages and drawing sets; examine drawings for conformity and errors.
• Computer Competencies: Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, CAD software (computer assisted software)
• Working Conditions & Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; ability to perform under pressure; tight deadlines; sitting for long periods of time.
• Essential Skills: Ability to speak and read English; reading text; numeracy; writing; communication; working with others; problem solving; decision making; critical thinking; job task planning and organizing; research.
• Other Information: Minimum of 3 years’ experience using AutoCAD or advanced steel. You must be able to read design drawings and produce accurate field diagrams and shop fabrication details.
• Minimum three to five years’ related experience.
• Able to work effectively both independently (self-motivated) and as part of team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Attention to detail a must.
If you would like to join our team, please email your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Or mail to:
Dielco Industrial Contractors Ltd.
80 Enterprise Drive South
London, ON N6N 1C2
No telephone calls or visits please. We genuinely thank you for your interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.